Actual Race Information.
Distance &Entry Fee
42.2km R 162.00
21.1km R 130.00
42.2km R 40.00
21.1km R 30.00
42.2km & 21.1km 05h30
Venue: Bonkolo Dam - Queenstown
Type of Route: Circular
Registration: Race number and T-shirt to be collected on Thursday 2 November 2017 from 17h30 to 20h00 at Harriers Club in Frost Street or on Friday 3 November 2017 from 17h30 to 21h00 at Yacht Club, Bonkolo Dam. NO NUMBER COLLECTION OR ENTRIES ON MORNING OF THE RACE.
Accommodation: Special rates arranged at selected Guesthouses.
General: A Pasta meal will be on sale the Friday evening prior the race at R35.00
Race Entries close on Friday 27th October 2017 at 12h00.
T-shirts to the first 200 entries received in the Marathon and the first 400 for the Half Marathon
1. The race will be run under the rules of the IAAF, ASA and BORA.
2. Both races start at 05h30 (42.2km & 21.1km)
3. The Official race number will be positioned on top of the ASA licence (not to cover the logo of the province and the ASA logo) and be worn on the front of the vest, with the 2017 licence number or Temporary licence on the back of the vest.
4. Age insignias must be worn on the front and back of the vest for the athlete to qualify for an age category prize.
5. Walkers may participate in the half marathon but no prze money is allocated. This is unfortunately due to major discrepencies in prior years.
6. All marshalls and Traffic officials shall be obeyed without question.
7. The minimum age on race day is 16 years for the half marathon and 20 years for the full marathon.
8. There will be a cut-off time for the marathon runners at the 25km mark of 3hrs and the cut-off time for the race will be 5 hours (10h30)
9. Support on the route will be withdrawn at this time and any runners that have not crossed the finish line will not be recorded.
10. Athletes will not be permitted to run with iPads or Earphones.
11. Emergency Medical Services will be available on the route throughout the event.
12. Late Entry fee of R30,00 will be applicable.
13. The Race Committee (Queenstown Harriers) reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
ENQUIRIES: Theo Ferreira Cell 071 448 6945